At Oakville Meals on Wheels the health and safety of our clients, volunteers and staff is of paramount concern. To that end, and to ensure that we are able to continue to operate despite the challenges presented by COVID-19, we have introduced the following measures:
- Proactive screening of clients, volunteers and staff members
- Reinforcing Government of Canada and Ontario protocols for clients, volunteers and staff members returning from affected countries
- Continuing existing infection prevention and control measures
- Ensuring volunteers and staff are informed and have access to appropriate personal protective equipment
- Monitoring the situation daily.
At this time, it is vital that we take care of ourselves, family, friends, neighbours, and colleagues to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. We must all stand together to support one another and our community.
And remember, if you know or are aware of someone who is struggling, call 211 and get help to navigate the network of health, community and social service programs. This service is offered 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and has interpretation for over 150 languages.
For the latest information on COVID-19, please visit the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 website. This site contains information on:
- Prevention and risks
- Symptoms and treatment
- Travel advice
The power of our community and our donors is humbling and your commitment to the provision of services for those in need is inspirational.
Please consider supporting our efforts by donating today. Your gift will make a difference in the lives of so many.